05 June 2016

Award of Arms, New Projects

(Photo credit Lady Fortune Sct Keyne)
I got papers, as my Household likes to say.

Yesterday at King's and Queen's Archery and Thrown Weapons here in the East, I was called into Court to receive my Award of Arms for the research I'm doing and outlining here.  I'm hugely honored and flattered to have been recognized for it.

I will be breaking down the garb in a future post as the deel is new and the sleeve length, as you may be able to see, but I absolutely first wanted to thanks His and Her Majesty, Kenric and Avelina.

Their Majesties, while I was before the Court, asked me for the equivalent of Lord for a Mongol persona.  I, in all my infinite casualness, responded "honestly, I have no idea.  I haven't gotten to language yet" with a laugh.  It was appreciated by the Crown, but did come with a quest.

I have been tasked with finding what that equivalency would be, but me being me, I want to do it bigger because why not right?  I want to do the full round of titles so no matter the level of award, or area of focus, there is an option.  It's ambitious, but I do have some ideas that I will outline in a future post.

I've actually got a few posts lined up, mentally, that I will be committed to "paper" in coming weeks, focused mostly in garb, but this is the first "big thing" to happen for me.  As a result, I felt it deserved its own, timely, post.

All this to say, stay tuned because more is coming for real this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment