05 June 2016

Life Update

This blog, you probably noticed, took an unintended detour into silence for too long a period of time than I'd have liked and I want to give some background.

I had an attack of life and took a big step away from research while the dust settled and then I had technological problems.

You see, reader, I became a dad!  We're hoping to adopt a 2 and a half (now) year old little boy and he was placed with us in October of last year. That's why the blog suddenly ground to a complete stop instead of being a sporadic "oh yeah, I should put this in writing" endeavor.  Toddlers are bundles of energy and my entire life got rearranged.  I wasn't sure what my playing in the SCA would look like, let alone what I could do to further my research.

But, things have settled.  We have schedules and routine and, happily, time for me to play.  It's complicated, as it always is, but I'm able to make time for everything, even if it's more limited.

We also had an issue with our computer which meant I was completely without one for most of the past year.  We were managing before the little guy got placed with us, but all the wires are not conducive to a small, energetic kid running around.

At that point, I had to halt the blog until we could get a replacement.  And, now we do!

Now back to the usual. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment